Your natural beauty – Anti-ageing rules
Exposure to pollution, sunlight, stress and the normal processes of metabolism generate a lot of free radicals in our body. Free radical damage causes ageing of our body, and can destroy cells and DNA. Therefore, it is wise to have as many antioxidants in our diet as possible. Hydration is also key to gorgeous looking skin. Our body retains less water molecules with age, hence skin feels dryer and wrinkles form. This is not just about drinking lots of water and applying moisturizers to our skin, but looking at our food choices that can keep our skin hydrated from the inside out.
Top Anti-ageing Rules:
1. Add good quality fatty acids to your diet to hold in moisture and compensate for any water loss. Essential fatty acids (EFA’s) form a water barrier around skin cells so they hydrate and moisturize your skin from the inside out for more softer, youthful and supple skin. Udo’s Choice Ultimate oil is an excellent way to incorporate your essential fatty acids Omega 3 and Omega 6 into your diet on a daily basis. Add the oil to smoothies, yoghurt, porridge or drizzle over your lunch and dinner. It works well with sweet and savoury foods.
2. Stay hydrated by drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day. Diet Coke and other fizzy drinks, teas and coffee are not included! The more hydrated your skin the less visible your wrinkles will look.
3. Boost your antioxidants. Not only are antioxidants excellent at fighting free radicals and protecting the skin from oxidative stress; other benefits include, help with skin cell regeneration, giving you a more youthful complexion; clearance of toxins that can lead to fine lines and slowing the formation of wrinkles and hyperpigmentation. Antioxidants are abundant in plant-based foods such as avocados, blueberries, pomegranate, broccoli and chard. Grape seed extract, green tea and pine bark contain powerful polyphenols that have antioxidant properties. One Nutrition P4-MAX is a rich blend of powerful anti-oxidants and polyphenols, combined into a unique formula to complement an active lifestyle and supports the ageing process.
4. Exercise increases blood flow to the skin and promotes a glowing, healthy-looking complexion. Working out for just 30 minutes four or five days a week can make a huge difference.
5. Skin protection even in the winter! Your daytime moisturizer should contain both UVA and UVB protection and be applied every day all year round to prevent sun damage and pre-mature ageing