Why do we need to Top-Up our Omega 3 & 6's?
The Omega 3 and Omega 6 family contain fats called essential fatty acids (EFA’s) or Foundation Fats. These are “essential” because our body cannot synthesize those particular forms of fatty acids, so we have to obtain them from food and they are only found in plant based food sources. The two essential fatty acids are called alpha-linolenic acid (Omega 3) and linoleic acid (Omega 6).
Essential fatty acids (EFA’s) are important for our health as they have structural & metabolic functions to do around the body. Part of our cell membrane is made from alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) and linoleic acid (LA). Nourishing our cell membranes with EFA’s will keep them flexible and permeable in order to allow nutrients and oxygen to come into the cell and wastes and toxins to go out of the cell. If our cell membranes are nourished then the biological processing within the cell will function optimally.
Udo’s Choice Ultimate Oil Blend provides a premium source of unrefined and undamaged flaxseed oil (Omega 3) and sunflower and sesame seed oil (Omega 6). Udo’s Choice Ultimate Oil Blend is a blend of organic, unrefined nutritional oils free of the constituents found in processed oils. Its unique formulation provides an excellent source of unprocessed, undamaged essential fatty acids Omega 3 and 6 in a 2:1 ratio that supports optimum health.
Simple tips to incorporate Udo’s Choice Ultimate oil blend on a daily basis:
- Add 20ml-30ml to a smoothie
- Mix 20-30ml with a cup of a non-dairy milk and drink as a snack – serves enough calories as a snack and the fats will fill you up
- Do the same as point 2, but add in a scoop of protein powder
- People of Mediterranean countries drizzle olive oil on everything! Instead use Udo’s Choice oil drizzled over lunch and dinner dishes
- Use the oil in salad dressing, dips and sauces
- Drizzle over avocado toast
- Mix a tsp in yoghurt
You can find more about Ultimate Oil Blend here