Buddha Bowl with Green Goddess Dressing
“Sometimes nothing really beats a good Buddha Bowl, packed with nourishing and colour-ful veggies it’s a simple way to get more than your five a day. The recipe is totally flexi-ble, meaning you are free to use whatever veggies you like or have in your fridge that day, however I personally really like to always use avocado as it makes everything taste so much more indulgent, creamy and delicious. The dressing, however is the key - fresh, tangy and creamy, using a blend of Udo’s Choice Ultimate Oil which is rich in omegas 3,6,9 combined with the Beyond Greens powder for an alkaline boost!” – Happy Skin Kitchen
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into slices
- Kale and Cress, finely sliced (Or greens of your choice)
- 150g brown rice (Or you can use grains of your choice - quinoa or buckwheat are good)
- 150 g cooked sweetcorn
- 6-8 radishes, sliced
- Handful of finely sliced radicchio
- Handful of finely sliced purple cabbage
- 1-2 carrots - sliced in ribbons or shredded
- A handful or pomegranate seeds (optional)
- A sprinkle of hemp seeds + any nuts or seeds of your choice
- 1/4 cup of cashews soaked in water for at least 3 hours or overnight
- A generous handful of coriander leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon of Udo’s Choice Beyond Greens
- 1 tablespoon of Udo’s Choice Ultimate Oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast
• To build the bowl, place your grains at the bottom and add all the other vegeta-bles on top, arranged as you like. TIP: If you are not used to eating raw greens slice them very finely and massage them with some olive oil, lemon juice and salt to make them easier to digest.
• To make the dressing, simply place all the ingredients into a blender and blend until completely smooth and creamy. If your blender is struggling or you want a runnier consistency add a splash of water.
• Drizzle the dressing on top of the bowl and sprinkle with some seeds. If you have any leftover dressing store it in a jar or airtight container and it will keep for a couple of days.