Courgette and Almond Soup with Udo’s Oil
- 2 tablespoons of Udo’s Choice® Ultimate Oil Blend
- 400g Courgettes
- 25g Butter
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 Medium Potato
- 900ml Chicken Stock (Homemade if possible)
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 50g Ground Almonds
- 50g Flaked Almonds, Lightly Toasted
- 1 tablespoon of Whipped Cream
Melt the butter. Chop the onion and potato and toss into the butter. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cover and cook until soft. Grate the courgettes on a course grater and add to the pot. Add stock and bring to the boil until the vegetables are soft. Purée the soup in a liquidizer and add the ground almonds.
To toast the almonds: Place them on a baking sheet and toast lightly under the grill.
To serve: Pour into serving bowls and spoon cream on top. Drizzle the Udo’s Oil over the top and garnish with toasted almonds.