Green Goodness Energy Bars
Nuts are a great source of fiber, good fats and protein. Dates contain high amounts of soluble fiber, essential for optimal bowel movements.
Cook time: 15 mins Resting time: 1 hour - overnight
- 1 cup nuts of any type, unsalted
- 1 cup dried fruit of choice
- 1 cup pitted dried dates
- 1 tbsp Udo’s Beyond Greens
- Optional: Add in nutmeg, cinnamon or shredded coconut
- Toast the nuts for a roasted nutty flavour (but let them cool before you blend them) or simply use them as they are.
- Mix all the ingredients in a food processor and blend them all together until you get a firm ball. This might take some time.
- Place the dough in a baking tin on with baking paper and flatten the dough out.
- Cover the baking tin and place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours or preferably overnight. When chilled, cut the dough into squares or any desired shape.
- Store in the fridge.