Grilled Trout with Wild Greens, Orange Zest Purée, Crunchy Seeds & Feta
- 2 Trout Fillets (Scaled, Filleted & Boned)
- Bunch of Rocket
- Bunch of Watercress
- Small Tub of Alfalfa Sprouts
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Seeds
- 1 dessertspoon each of: Hemp, Sunflower & Pumpkin Seeds
- ½ teaspoon of Soy Sauce (Light)
- 40g Feta Cheese (Diced)
For the sauce:
- 1 tablespoon of Udo’s Choice Ultimate Oil Blend
- 3 Peeled Oranges
- Orange Juice from the Peeled Oranges
- Sea Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Place the trout on a non-stick tray – skin side up and set aside. Combine the seed-mix and gently roast half of this blend in a pan at 180°C / Gas Mark 4 for up to 8 minutes. Leave aside to cool for 5 minutes and then add the soy sauce. Mix well whilst adding the remaining seeds.
To make the sauce: Carefully use a potato peeler to peel large strips from the oranges for the orange zest. Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the orange zest. Boil for 5 minutes. Drain the water and repeat until the zest ceases to taste bitter (about 5 times). With the zest now blanched, add it to a blender with Udo’s Oil, some orange juice and a little seasoning. Blend together for a thick silky purée. Grill the trout for 5-6 minutes at most (until cooked).
To serve: Spoon some orange purée onto the plate and gently place the trout. Add some salad leaves, and a generous scattering of seeds and feta. Drizzle the remaining juices from the fish over the salad leaves.