Halloween Chocolate Bats
- ¾ cup of almonds
- 10-15 medjool dates depending on the size –pitted
- 3 heaped tablespoons of raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon of Udo’s Choice Ultimate Oil Blend – organic seed oil Omega 3 & 6
- 1 tablespoon of nut butter of your choice.
- 6-8 oreos (We are using the classic ones as they are vegan)
- White chocolate chips (We could only find vegan ones on Amazon)
- Dried raisins or cranberries
- Black liquid icing for cake decoration
- About ¼ cup of shredded coconut for dusting + the same of cacao nibs or chocolate flakes
To make the balls: place the almonds into a food processor and blitz until you have a coarse flour. Add all the ingredients and blitz again until you have sticky dough kind of consistency.
Roll the mixture into balls and dust them in either the shredded coconut, cacao nibs or chocolate flakes.
Split the Oreos into 2 and break the cookie in half to create some sort of wings for the bats. Gently tuck the wings into the balls. Use the white chocolate chips to make the eyes and with the black icing draw the little black pupils.
Slice the raisin or cranberries in half and pop them on as a nose.