Peanut Butter & Jelly Chia Pudding Parfaits
Serving size: Makes 2 jars.
Chia Pudding Layer:
- 1/4 cup of Chia Seeds
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 1tsp of Udo's Choice Ultimate Oil Blend
- 2 tbsp's of coconut yogurt or a yogurt of your choice
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract or vanilla powder
- 2 cups of frozen blueberries or blackberries
- A dash of water.
- Optional: 1 tsp of maple syrup or coconut sugar.
- Approx 3/4 cup of coconut yogurt or a yogurt of your choice.
- Approx 3-4 tbsp of peanut butter,
- Berries and granola.
Combine all the ingredients for the chia pudding layer into a bowl and whisk everything together. Place a plate on top of the bowl and leave it in the fridge for 1 hour to thicken up, and the chia seeds to swell (you can prepare it the night before).
To make the berry compote simply place the berries, maple syrup (if using) and a dash of water into a pan and cook at a medium to low heat for 15-20 minutes, the berries should cook to a jam-like consistency. Leave off of the heat to cool - don’t worry if the mixture looks slightly runny, it will thicken up during the cooling process.
Once the chia pudding in the fridge is thick and creamy and the berry compote is cooled, it is time to assemble the parfaits. Start with a thick layer of berry compote, then add approx. 2 tablespoons of the chia pudding, a layer of yogurt, the peanut butter, more berry compote and more chia pudding.
Top with fresh berries and a sprinkle of granola (or topping of your choice) and enjoy!
Store any leftovers in airtight container in the fridge – this should last for a few days.