Raw Chocolate and Nut Brownie with Ganache Frosting
100 g Dates
50 g Walnuts
1 tbsp Maple Syrup
35 Almonds - Whole
1 tsp Udo's Choice Ultimate Oil Blend
15 g Raw Cocoa Powder
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
30 ml Almond Milk
50 g Raw Dark Chocolate - 70% min
1. Soak dates in warm water for 10 minutes and drain well.
2. Place the 3/4 of the walnuts and all of the almonds in food processor and process until finely ground.
3. Add the cacao powder and half of the sea salt and pulse to combine. Place to one side.
4. Now add the dates to the food processor and process until only small bits remain.
5. Return the blended nuts to the food processor and pulse until a dough consistency is achieved, adding more dates if the mixture does not hold together when squeezed in your hand.
6. Add the brownie mixture to a small parchment lined dish and before pressing.
7. Then press down with hands until it is flat and firm. (We like laying down a piece of plastic wrap to prevent sticking and get it really flat).
FOR THE GANACHE:
Add almond milk (or soy or coconut) to a small saucepan and gently heat, take off the heat and immediately add finely chopped dark chocolate to the warm milk and loosely cover. Don’t touch for 2 minutes so it can melt. Add the remaining salt and whisk to incorporate, then the Udo's Choice Ultimate Oil Blend and maple syrup and use a whisk to mix. Set in fridge for 10 minutes to thicken. Remove from fridge and spread the frosting brownies generously over the brownie mix and top with the remaining walnuts chopped up and cacao nibs (optional). Refridgerate again until the frosting has set and slice into even squares before serving.
NOTE: Store brownies in an airtight container to keep fresh. Will keep for 3-4 days at room temperature, or in the freezer for at least 1 month (though best when fresh).