Rice Pilaf with Peas & Cumin Seeds
- 1 cup long grain white rice*,washed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (or vegetable stock)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas,defrosted
- 1 small carrot,finely diced (1/2 cup)
- 2 Tbsp Udo’s Choice Ultimate Oil Blend
Place rice, chicken broth, and cumin seeds in a rice cooker**, and begin cooking. 15 minutes before rice is cooked, add peas and carrots to rice. When the rice and vegetables are cooked, gently stir in the Udo’s Oil.
*Use your favourite type of rice and adjust the amount of broth accordingly.
**You can also use a deep pot to cook rice.