Udo's Choice Hearty Sweet Potato and Chickpea Burger
Warm up with our vegan sweet potato and chickpea burger!
- 160g cooked quinoa
- 400g cooked chickpeas
- 2 medium sweet potatoes - peeled and diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ a teaspoon cumin
- ½ a tsp. paprika
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Chickpea/buckwheat flour to dust burgers
1. Preheat oven to 180C
2. Heat a pan of water to boiling and add the peeled and chopped sweet potato. Boil for 15-20 minutes until soft. Drain the water and mash with a little olive oil.
3. Allow to cool slightly before adding the cooked quinoa and lentils, onion, garlic, herbs, spices nutritional yeast and salt. Mash everything together and assemble to form a burger. If required use some chickpea or buckwheat flour to dust the edges of the burgers to prevent them sticking.
4. Place burgers on a lined baking tray and cook in the oven for 20 minutes turning once.
Serves: 3 (2 burgers per serving)
Cook time: 50-mins - 1 hour