Vegan Mexican Chilli With Mixed Beans
Cook time: 25-30 mins
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp water
- 100g kidney beans
- 100g black beans
- 100g black-eyed beans or cannellini beans
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- Small bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
- Add a tbsp of water to a pan and lightly saute the oilings and garlic until starting to soften.
- Add chilli powder, paprika and cumin and fry gently for a minute or so to release the flavour and oils from the spices.
- Add the pepper for a further 2-minutes.
- Add veg stock, tomatoes, tomato puree, and washed beans, stir and allow to simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until the sauce is thick. Then stir in the fresh coriander.