Amanda Hamilton: Healthy Sunday Roast!
❖ 8 - 10 chicken thighs with skin on, or chicken supremes with skin on
❖ 2 garlic cloves
❖ Sea salt and cracked black pepper
❖ 2 tbsp smoked paprika (either sweet or spicy)
❖ A few thyme sprigs
❖ A good glug of cold pressed rapeseed oil
❖ 1 butternut squash
❖ 1 x 400g tin of cooked butter beans / or other white beans
❖ 200g cherry vine tomatoes
❖ Big handful of basil
❖ Big handful of rocket
❖ Glug of Udo’s Choice Ultimate Oil Blend
- In a pestle and mortar, crush the garlic with a good pinch of sea salt, the paprika and a good glug of oil to make it into a paste.
- Rub this all over the chicken pieces and place in the fridge to marinade for a couple of hours.
- Half the butternut squash length ways and remove the seeds. Cut the flesh, skin on, into big wedges or half-moon chunks and place into a large roasting tin with the thyme. Once you are ready to cook, preheat an oven to 180 degrees/gas mark 4 and heat a large frying pan to a high heat. Sear the chicken pieces until the skin is crisp and place in the roasting tray with the squash. Pop it into the oven and roast for about 20 minutes. Remove and add the tomatoes and cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and scatter the beans in the dish as well, crushing slightly to get all the flavour from the juices. Leave to rest for 10 minutes and allow the beans to warm through.
- Remove the chicken pieces and toss all together, adding the rocket and basil and drizzle with Udo’s oil. Top with the chicken again and pop in the centre of the table for all to enjoy.
- Serves with some baby roasted potatoes or sweet potato wedges for more substance (Optional)